3 Ways to Personalize Your Car Dealership’s PPC Strategy
Google estimates businesses receive around $8 in profit for every $1 they spend on PPC ads. If your company is falling short of that mark, you may need to change your approach. It might be time to begin personalizing your PPC campaigns.
What is Personalized PPC Advertising?
Personalized PPC advertising involves using analytics to create ads that target specific users or groups of users. It’s about reaching the right person with the right message at the right time.
Because of their targeted nature, personalized PPC campaigns typically result in more clicks, more conversions, and a lower CPC (cost-per-click) than their more generic counterparts.
3 Ways to Personalize Your PPC Campaigns
There are plenty of ways you can personalize your PPC ad campaigns. The following tactics are among the most effective:
1. Use Ad Customizers in Your Copy
Ad customizers give you the ability to customize your PPC ads based on factors such as:
- The searcher’s physical location
- The product the searcher wants to buy
- The day, date or time of day, and
- The audience to which the searcher belongs
By using ad customizers, you can turn a generic advertisement that reads “Save money on new phone cases. Free shipping nationwide!” into something much more appealing, like:
- “25 percent off iPhone X cases. Free shipping nationwide!”
- “Vehicle delivery included with all purchases!”
- “$15 durable Android phone cases. Free shipping to West Hollywood!”
- “20 percent student discount on black Samsung Galaxy cases. Free shipping to Miami!”
These hyper-specific ads stand out from the crowd on a search engine results page. As a result, they almost always deliver a high CTR (click-through rate) and an impressive conversion rate.
2. Remarket Via the Google Display Network
When users leave your website, it can be easy to think you lost a sale. However, it’s often possible to convince people to come back and purchase your product by remarketing to them through the Google Display Network.
The Google Display Network is extensive. It serves ads on around two million sites and reaches over 90 percent of global internet users, making it the ideal platform for a retargeting campaign.
Of course, you don’t just have to remarket to users who have left your site without purchasing a product. You can also target existing customers. They may be interested in doing business with you again!
3. Utilize Custom Audiences on Facebook
Personalizing your company’s PPC ads doesn’t have to be a complex, time-consuming process. With the Custom Audiences tool from Facebook, you can build highly-targeted ads in as little as a few minutes.
To create a Custom Audience, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Log into the Facebook Ads Manager.
- Click the Menu button and select Audiences.
- Choose Create a Custom Audience
- Select a Custom Audience source
- Follow the on-screen prompts
- Hit the Create Audience button
Facebook allows you to pull your Custom Audience from a variety of different sources, like:
- People who have attended one of your events
- Users who filled out a lead form
- People who use your mobile app, and
- Users who watch your Facebook videos
Once you have built your Custom Audience, you can create advertisements that precisely target their needs and preferences.
Personalized PPC Ads – Prohibited Activity
Personalized PPC ads offer companies like yours an excellent return on investment. However, if you choose to run them, you must ensure you do not inadvertently violate any user privacy laws or policies.
To avoid running afoul of the rules, you should generally avoid running ads that:
- Collect or contain personally identifiable information
- Share or gather location data without user consent
- Use narrow or excessively specific remarketing lists
- Imply knowledge of sensitive user information, or
- Target users based on their health, religion, or sexual orientation
If your ads violate a privacy rule, you may lose access to your account or face a sizable fine.
Need PPC Advertising Help? Contact the Experts at FZA Digital Today!
Do you need help personalizing your organization’s PPC strategy? If so, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with FZA Digital. Our marketers have been helping companies like yours drive sales online for years, and we are ready to do the same for you!
To speak with a member of our team, all you need to do is pick up your phone and give us a call at (424) 232-0810 or contact us online. We look forward to hearing from you!