To drive sales and generate leads for your business using Google Ads, you must have a detailed understanding of Quality Scores. They have an enormous effect on the cost and effectiveness of your PPC campaigns.
What Are Quality Scores?
Quality Scores are how Google rates the relevance of your keywords and PPC ads, as well as the layout and usability of your site. Google uses your Quality Score when determining the cost per click of your ads. The higher your score, the less you must pay to drive traffic to your landing page.
To calculate your Quality Score, Google considers the following factors:
- The relevance of the text in your PPC ads
- The historical performance of your Google Ads account
- The experience users will have on your landing page
- The expected click-through rate of your PPC ads
- The relevance of each of your chosen keywords to its ad group
Google does not reveal how heavily its algorithm weighs these factors.
How to Improve Your Google Ads Quality Score
Now that you know more about what Quality Scores are and how Google calculates them, you are probably wondering how you can improve yours. Luckily, you have come to the right place. The FZA Digital team has been helping companies like yours manage their PPC campaigns for years, and we are familiar with all the best tips and tricks.
Our knowledgeable marketers recommend you follow these three steps to give your Quality Score the boost it needs:
Improve Your Landing Page Loading Speed
Google places a lot of emphasis on user experience when calculating your Quality Score. Slow loading speeds are likely to frustrate your visitors. If you want to lower the cost per click of your PPC ads, you must improve your loading times.
The following tips should help you speed up your landing page in no time:
- Avoid using redirects on your website.
- Compress any files larger than 150 bytes.
- Resize and optimize your images.
- Boost your server response time. The optimal response time is less than 200 ms.
- Set your pages to load asynchronously (load multiple scripts at the same time).
You can also consider building your landing page with AMP. This open-source HTML framework removes all the unessential elements from your page to deliver lightning-fast loading speeds to your visitors.
Choose the Right Keywords
When your organization sets up a new PPC campaign, Google asks you to select the keywords you wish to target. It can be tempting to add the first few terms that cross your mind into the form and call it a day. However, if you take this approach, you are likely to harm your Quality Score.
To achieve a higher Quality Score, you need to choose keywords that will put your ads in front of the users that are most likely to click on them. You can generally accomplish this goal by following these tips:
- Focus on long-tail keywords. They are usually low-cost and deliver high click-through rates.
- Research your competitors’ keywords. The terms that work for them may also work for you.
- Use branded keywords. Users who search for your brand name are very likely to click on your ads.
You should also keep a close eye on your analytics once your ads launch. If you spot any keywords that are not delivering clicks, you can add them to your list of excluded terms. Taking this step can reduce waste and give your overall click-through rate a boost.
Write Compelling Ad Copy
Getting your ads in front of the right users is only half the battle. To boost your Quality Score, you must also convince them to click. You can achieve this goal by following these tips and writing compelling ad copy:
- Tell users what sets you apart from the competition.
- Avoid stuffing your copy with keywords.
- Write your copy with the user’s objective in mind.
- Include numbers and statistics to make your ad stand out.
- Avoid including unnecessary information. Google limits copy to 300 characters.
Of course, you should also be sure to include a compelling call to action in your PPC ads. A short statement like, “Visit our website to save $250” can improve your click-through rate and Quality Score in an instant.
Need Help Improving Your Quality Score? Contact FZA Digital Today
Do you want to enjoy the benefits of a high Google Ads Quality Score but don’t have time to work through the process yourself? Then please get in touch with the team of knowledgeable marketers at FZA Digital. We know what it takes to impress Google, and we are ready to use our skills to help you take your PPC advertising to the next level.
To speak with one of our friendly representatives, all you have to do is fill in our brief online contact form or give us a call at (424) 229-2923.