Three Reasons to Use Memes in Your Marketing
Have you been searching for a way to take your company’s marketing game to the next level? If so, you may want to think about creating memes for your social media followers. Here’s why:
1. Memes Are Highly Shareable
When you post content to your social media pages, you want your followers to share it with their friends and family members.
The chances of a person hitting the share button on an uninteresting video or a lengthy industry report are low. However, the odds of users sharing a meme are much higher.
Recent data shows 55 percent of 13 to 35 year-olds send memes to their friends every week. 30 percent of social media users in that age range share memes every single day.
Put simply, there is no better way to generate shares than posting memes to your Facebook and Instagram pages.
2. Memes Make Your Company Seem More Relatable
It’s possible to build a large community of users who love your company’s products or services on platforms like Facebook and Instagram. However, posting only salesy content to your pages will make this an uphill climb.
If you want to build a community on social media, you’ll need to engage with your audience, and make your company feel more relatable. Memes will help you achieve this goal by showing your business has a fun sense of humor and doesn’t take itself too seriously.
Over time, if you can consistently create high-quality memes, users will begin looking forward to seeing your posts appear in their feeds.
3. Memes Are Cheap and Easy to Create
If you want to drive sales online, but don’t have the resources to make a video, memes are an excellent option. You can quickly create a meme for free using any of the following tools:
These five meme-making tools are simple to use and require little to no prior graphic design knowledge.
How to Create Memes for Your Followers
The benefits of using memes in your marketing are clear. But how can you create memes your followers will like and share? The FZA Digital team recommends following these five tips:
- Tailor the Meme to Your Audience: Do your social media followers prefer crude, edgy jokes, or something a bit more sophisticated? If you want to generate engagement, you will need to ensure your meme is a good match for their sense of humor.
- Pick a Hot Meme: If you want to maximize results, try to use a meme that is currently popular with your audience. You can find out which memes are hot right now by visiting forums and monitoring your competitors’ pages.
- Understand the Meme: Using a meme incorrectly can make your company seem out of touch. Use the Know Your Meme database to research your meme before posting.
- Triple-Check Your Spelling: When creating a meme, it can be easy to make spelling and grammar mistakes. Avoid the embarrassment of being corrected in the comments by triple-checking your work before hitting the post button.
- Consult with Your Colleagues: Can’t decide if your meme is funny? Show it to some of your colleagues. Their feedback can help you make improvements.
It’s also crucial to take your time when creating memes for your followers. A meme you spent an hour perfecting is likely to deliver better results than one you threw together in five minutes.
Need Marketing Help? Contact the Experts at FZA Digital Today!
Whether you need help creating memes for your Facebook followers or optimizing your website for voice search, you can rely on the team at FZA Digital. Our experienced marketers have been helping companies like yours generate leads and drive sales online for years, and we are ready to go to work for you.
To speak with one of our representatives and learn more about our services, all you need to do is pick up the phone and give us a call at (424) 232-0810 or fill in our short online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!