3 Digital Marketing Techniques to Create Customers For Life
Most companies think of digital marketing as a means of generating new customers. Their belief is not wrong. Tactics like PPC advertising, search engine optimization, and social media marketing are all excellent ways of creating first-time buyers.
However, companies that only use digital marketing to acquire brand new shoppers are missing out on the opportunity to create repeat customers.
The Benefits of Repeat Business
Repeat shoppers are much more valuable to organizations like yours than one-time customers. Here’s why:
- Repeat customers spend 67 percent more than new buyers.
- Around 61 percent of small and medium businesses report more than half of their revenue comes from repeat customers.
- It costs five times more to acquire a new customer than to keep an existing one.
- A five percent increase in a company’s customer retention rate can increase its profitability by up to 75 percent.
- Repeat customers refer 50 percent more potential shoppers than one-time clients.
In short, repeat buyers can boost your company’s profitability and ensure it continues to thrive for many years to come.
How to Create Repeat Customers with Digital Marketing
The following digital marketing tactics may help you generate more repeat business for your organization:
1. Engage with People on Social Media
If you want customers to keep coming back to your business, you need to stay at the top of their minds at all times. Engaging with them on apps like Facebook and Instagram is the perfect way to do just that.
There are a wide variety of ways you can connect with your customers on social media, such as:
- Share Behind the Scenes Content: Letting clients get to know your team members or see how you make your products may make them feel more connected to your company. That connection can quickly turn them into repeat customers.
- Hold Competitions: Social media competitions and giveaways are a superb way to ensure your company makes regular appearances on your customers’ feeds. The winners will think of your business each time they look at their prize.
- Share Interesting Information: Teaching your audience about your sector will make them think of your organization as trustworthy and knowledgeable.
These tactics are relatively simple. However, they ensure your company is the first to come to mind the next time your audience needs a product you offer, turning one-time buyers into repeat customers.
2. Send Offers to Your Customers via Email
When an individual buys one of your products or services, you most likely send them an email to thank them for their business. However, your email correspondence with your buyers should not stop there.
If you want them to return to your company in the future, you should also include special discounts, promotions, and other offers on a regular basis.
When writing these marketing emails, keep the following tips in mind:
- Be Personal: Including the customer’s name and basing their offers on products they have already purchased will increase your odds of turning them into a repeat shopper.
- Keep It Short: Customers are unlikely to give your emails more than a few minutes of their attention. As such, avoid writing excessively long emails.
- Include a Compelling Call to Action: Your marketing emails should always include a clear and compelling call to action. Without it, your readers may not know how to take advantage of their offer.
Of course, you should never spam your buyers with marketing emails. One or two messages per week will usually suffice.
3. Launch a Retargeting Ad Campaign
Whether your company sells cars, clothing, or chocolate, your customers will eventually have to purchase a replacement product.
If you run an automotive dealership, this need will likely arise a few years after the initial sale. If you operate a confectionery store, it could happen in as little as a couple of days.
You can turn one-time buyers into repeat customers by figuring out when they will need a replacement product based on engaging with your brand, then advertising it to them during that time. This process is known as retargeting.
There are tons of platforms that will allow you to retarget your customers in this way. However, most organizations find that running a campaign on Google Ads is the most effective option.
Retargeting campaigns can take quite a while to set up. However, they are one of the most effective means of creating repeat customers, so they are well worth the time investment.
Need Some Help? Contact the Knowledgeable Marketers at FZA Digital!
Do you need some help managing your company’s social media accounts or creating your next remarketing campaign? Then please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team at FZA Digital. We have years of experience in the digital marketing space and know what it takes to succeed online.
To talk to one of our helpful representatives, all you need to do is give us a call at (424) 232-0810 or contact us online. We look forward to working with you!