Have you been searching for a way to drive more seasonal sales? If so, you might want to think about launching a PPC (pay-per-click) advertising campaign.
PPC advertising offers the following benefits:
- Detailed Data: PPC networks like Google Ads and Facebook provide you with tons of actionable data about your campaign.
- Easy Targeting: Do you only want to promote your service to senior citizens who live in your city? PPC advertising makes it possible.
- Rapid Results: PPC advertising campaigns can generate leads and drive sales for your company in as little as 48 hours.
PPC campaigns also tend to result in positive returns on investment (ROI) for companies like yours. Google says businesses generate an average of $2 in revenue for every $1 they spend on PPC ads.
Planning a Seasonal PPC Campaign
Benjamin Franklin once said, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” He may not have known it at the time, but he was talking about seasonal PPC advertising.
Before launching your organization’s PPC campaign, you would be wise to take some time to put together a detailed plan of attack.
The FZA Digital team recommends considering the following factors when compiling your seasonal PPC campaign strategy:
- The products or services you would like to promote
- The budget you want to assign to your PPC ad campaign
- The promotions (if any) you would like to use to entice customers
- The platform(s) on which you would like to run your seasonal ads
- The dates you would like your ad campaign to begin and end
- The people you want to target with your seasonal ads
- The results you would like to achieve with your PPC ad campaign
Putting together your company’s seasonal PPC plan should take no more than a few hours. However, it can be the difference between the success or failure of your ad campaign – so you would be wise to take it seriously.
It is generally wise to begin planning your PPC campaign at least a couple of weeks before the start of your busy season.
Executing a Seasonal PPC Campaign
Once you have your plan in place, it is time to execute your organization’s seasonal PPC ad campaign.
Of course, executing a PPC campaign is not as simple as putting together an ad and hitting the “publish” button. If you would like to enjoy a positive return on your investment, you would be wise to follow these tips:
Use Seasonal Phrases in Your Ads
If you want to entice people to click on your PPC ads, you need to ensure they stand out from the crowd. Using seasonal words and phrases in your descriptions is one of the best ways to achieve this goal.
An ad that says, “Celebrate Christmas in style in this new t-shirt!” is likely to garner much more attention than one that reads, “You will look great in this new t-shirt.”
Add Countdowns to Your Ads
Including a countdown in your ad is an excellent way to encourage buyers to take action today. The following examples are particularly effective:
- “Only X days left in the sale!”
- “Just X hours left on this limited-time offer!”
- “Buy in the next X days to receive your package before Christmas!”
It is generally best to include your countdown in the headline of your ads. However, you can also put it into the main text.
Link Your Ad to a Seasonal Landing Page
It might be tempting to link your PPC ads to an existing product or service page on your organization’s website. However, you are likely to drive more sales if you create a dedicated seasonal landing page for your campaign.
Remember to include lots of seasonal keywords and a clear call to action on your landing page for best results.
Monitor Your Ads and Make Changes as Necessary
It is typically wise to monitor the performance of your ads throughout the season if you want your campaign to run smoothly.
You should keep a particularly close eye on the following metrics:
- Click-through rate
- Cost per click
- Conversion rate
- Cost per acquisition
- Bounce rate
If you find your campaign is not performing as expected, you can make a few changes to your ads or landing pages to improve your results.
Contact FZA Digital Today for Help with Your Seasonal PPC Campaign
Do you need some help launching or managing your company’s seasonal PPC campaign? Then please don’t hesitate to reach out to the experts at FZA Digital. Our experienced team has been helping businesses like yours drive sales and generate leads online for years – and we would be thrilled to offer our services to you.
To find out more about how we can help, please fill out our online contact form or give us a call at (424) 232-0810.