Voice assistants like Alexa and Siri are more popular than ever. In 2020, more than 4 billion of these systems provided users with directions, cooking advice, and product information. Experts forecast this figure to be around 8.4 billion by 2024.
This rapid growth means it is essential for you to optimize your company’s website content for voice search. Doing so will help Alexa and Siri send their users to your site when they need your product or service.
At fusionZONE, we recommend taking the following steps to optimize your content for voice search:
Focus on Conversational Keywords
When people want to buy a product or find information using a traditional search bar, they usually type directly and concisely. These searches tend to include phrases such as:
- “Burgers near me”
- “Used cars in [CITY]”
- “Roof repair in my area”
- “Hardware store near me”
- “Buy Halloween costume”
Users rarely interact with their voice assistants in this way. Instead, they generally speak more conversationally. Their queries look more like this:
- “Where’s the best burger place in town?”
- “What are the most reputable used car dealerships near me?”
- “Where can I find a roofer?”
- “Where can I buy a new hammer?”
- “Where can I get a costume for my Halloween party?”
If you want Alexa to send users to your company’s website, it is essential for you to sprinkle conversational keywords into your content. Terms such as “best burger place in town” are likely to attract plenty of voice visitors.
To find out which conversational keywords will work well for your site, you can use Answer the Public’s, Discover Tool.
Localize Your Website Content
When people ask Siri or Alexa to help them find the best collision centers or shoe stores, they don’t want directions to a location three states away. They want to find a company in their town or city.
If voice assistants do not know where your business is, they cannot send these users in your direction when they require local services.
Localizing the content on your website is one of the best ways to tell the algorithms which cities your company services. We recommend following the following steps to localize your content:
- Insert Place Names in Text: Changing a phrase like “We offer dent repairs” to “We offer dent repairs in [CITY]” can help Siri figure out where you are.
- Edit Page Titles: Changing the name of your “Collision Repair” page to “[CITY] Collision Repair” will provide the algorithms with location information.
- Add Your Address: Placing your business address on the footer of your website will help Alexa and Siri find you.
You can also create a Google My Business account to help Alexa and Siri nail down your company’s location.
Create Pages That Answer Frequently Asked Questions
What questions do people regularly ask about your products or services? If you operate a car dealership, you probably receive these questions on a regular basis:
- “What should I look for when test driving a car?”
- “Is it better to lease or finance a new vehicle?”
- “How much is my car worth as a trade-in?”
- “How often should I change the oil in my vehicle?”
- “What are the benefits of electric cars?”
People don’t just direct questions like these to your customer service reps and sales team. They also ask Alexa and Siri.
If you add pages dedicated to answering these questions in detail to your company’s website, the voice assistants will inevitably send traffic in your direction. You can then begin trying to convert those visitors into customers.
Improve Your Website’s Loading Speeds
If your company’s website is slow to load, voice assistants like Alexa will not direct users toward it. Instead, they will send them to sites that offer similar information at faster speeds.
To avoid this nightmare scenario, you can take steps to boost your site’s loading times. The following techniques are among the most effective:
- Reduce the use of redirects or eliminate them entirely
- Use a content distribution network (CDN)
- Compress your images and videos
- Switch to a better web hosting provider
- Enable browser caching
For more advice on how to speed up your website, you can check out the PageSpeed Insights tool from Google.
Need Help Optimizing Your Site? Contact the Experts at fusionZONE!
Optimizing your organization’s website content for voice search can help you drive sales and generate new leads. However, the process can be complex and time-consuming. Fortunately, if you need a little help along the way, you can always count on the experienced team at fusionZONE. We know what it takes to drive organic traffic and achieve success online.
To learn more about how our experienced marketers can assist you, please give us a call at (424) 232-0810 or fill in our brief online contact form. We look forward to working with you!