4 Ways to Engage Social Media Followers During the Holidays
Would you like to maximize your sales this holiday season? If so, stay engaged with your social media followers. Here’s why:
- 54 percent of browsers use social media to research products.
- People spend an average of two hours and 25 minutes per day on social media apps.
- 49 percent of Millenials and 54 percent of Gen Z say social media is their preferred advertising channel.
- 87 percent of Instagram users say they have taken a specific action (like making a purchase) after seeing product info on their feed.
- 71 percent of consumers who have had a positive interaction with a company on social media are likely to recommend the brand to their friends and family.
There are tons of ways you can engage with your company’s social media followers during the holidays. The following four are among the most effective:
1. Go Live
Live streams are one of the quickest ways to engage with your company’s followers during the holidays. All you need to do is log into your Facebook or Instagram account and tap the “Live” button.
The following live stream ideas are sure to get your audience talking:
- A Visit from Santa: Dress up as Santa Claus and deliver a holiday message on behalf of your company. Ask your viewers what gifts they hope to receive this year.
- A Message of Thanks: In the run-up to Thanksgiving, go live to tell your customers how thankful you are for their business. Be sure to take a moment to ask them what they’re grateful for as well!
- Holiday Cooking: Live stream your attempt at cooking the holiday meal. Even if you burn the turkey, your followers are sure to enjoy the show!
When you go live, try to remain upbeat and avoid long periods of silence. If your followers feel like you aren’t into it, they are unlikely to engage. Don’t underestimate the value video marketing can bring to your business!
2. Host a Giveaway
The holidays are a time for giving, and your company is sure to be the talk of the town if you host a giveaway for your social media followers.
You can, of course, give gifts to your audience at random. However, you’re likely to generate a lot more engagement if you ask users to answer a quiz question or like and share an image to enter the giveaway.
It is generally best to give away some of your company’s own products as prizes. However, if your products are a little too expensive to gift, you may also give away accessories or vouchers for local restaurants.
For additional ideas on customer appreciation events for car dealerships, visit our fusionZONE blog!
3. Team Up with a Local Charity
Don’t limit your attempts to engage with people on social media to only your own followers. Your company can reach even more users by teaming up with a local charity.
Of course, your charitable partnership can’t be all about driving new sales for your company. It should be about helping the charity serve the people in your community.
You can achieve this goal in the following ways:
- Profit Sharing: Tell your followers you will donate a percentage of every sale you make during the holiday season to the charity. Your charitable partner can also share the big news on their accounts.
- Supply Drives: Does the charity need clothes or canned goods to help them serve the local community? If so, consider launching a supply drive on social media. Provide your followers with regular updates to keep them engaged.
- Donation Matching: Americans love donating money to charity over the holidays. Let your social media followers know you will match any donations they make to your charitable partner during the festive season. Be sure to thank anyone who donates!
If you team up with a local charity, be sure to communicate with its social media team regularly. Doing so will ensure everybody is on the same page throughout the season.
4. Share a Recipe
Do you have an old family recipe for latke or pumpkin pie? If so, consider sharing it with your followers on Facebook.
A simple text post is the easiest way to get your recipe out into the world. However, you will receive a lot more engagement if you take some time to put together a festive infographic filled with ingredients and instructions.
If your followers enjoy your recipe, your company is sure to be a hot topic of conversation during family meals over the holidays. Remember, social media posting is also about community building and engagement, not just immediate sales and revenue boosts.
When sharing your post on Facebook, don’t forget to ask your followers to share their favorite holiday recipes in the comments, and be sure to take a moment to reply to the best ones!
Contact the Social Media Marketing Experts at FZA Digital Today!
Do you need help engaging with your social media followers? If so, don’t hesitate to reach out to the experts at FZA Digital! We have been helping companies like yours drive sales and generate leads online for years. We know how to succeed on platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
To learn more about our services, all you need to do is pick up the phone and give us a call at (424) 232-0810 or contact us online.