More than 722 million people and 55 million companies have accounts on LinkedIn. Its ever-growing popularity makes it an ideal platform for you to market your business – whether you sell B2B or B2C.
Of course, if you plan to use LinkedIn to generate new leads and increase sales, you will also want to ensure you maximize your results. Here are some simple steps you can follow to accomplish your goal
Create a LinkedIn Page for Your Company
If your business does not have an existing LinkedIn page, you will need to create one to begin your marketing efforts. Luckily, setting up a new page is a relatively simple process. All you need to do is follow this guide:
- Go to the LinkedIn Pages website
- Click on the “Create Your Page” button
- Select your business category
- Enter your company information
- Upload your company logo (300 x 300 px)
- Add a one-sentence tagline
- Click on the “Create Page” button
Your LinkedIn page will be live as soon as you finish working through this process. However, it will still be quite bare. To complete your profile, click on the pencil icon and add the following items:
- Cover Photo: Add a 1584 x 396 px image that showcases your business.
- Description: Tell people about your company in two or three paragraphs. Be sure to include plenty of keywords.
- Hashtags: LinkedIn allows you to add up to three hashtags to your page.
- Location: Enter the location of your store or office. Click “+Add Location” to add multiple addresses.
- Custom Button: Add a button that allows interested shoppers to contact you or visit your website with a single click.
From start to finish, this process should take around 30 minutes – and will leave you with a professional page that is sure to impress your customers.
Post Engaging Content to Your LinkedIn Page
Once your company’s LinkedIn page is complete, it’s time to start posting content. Posts including videos and pictures usually perform best. In fact, LinkedIn states posts that feature images receive about 98 percent more comments than those that don’t.
The knowledgeable marketers at FZA Digital recommend following these best practices when creating posts for your LinkedIn page:
- Write about topics that are relevant to your audience
- Include plenty of statistics and quotes
- Tag the people you mention in your post
- Add some hashtags to your post in a natural way
- Use short paragraphs and avoid large blocks of text
- Include a compelling call to action
- Respond to comments as quickly as possible
Following these simple tips will help you create posts that position you as an authority in the industry and let your readers know you are available to assist should they need your services.
Create a LinkedIn Product Showcase Page
LinkedIn makes it possible to highlight the brands, products, or business units that drive your organization’s growth. All you need to do is create a product showcase page and link it to your parent page.
To set up a product showcase page, follow these steps:
- Log in to your page admin center
- Click on the “Admin Tools” menu
- Choose “Create Showcase Page”
- Enter your showcase page name
- Click “Create Page”
Once your LinkedIn showcase page goes live, you should take some time to complete it by adding pictures and a description -much like you did for your parent page.
When you finish setting it up, your showcase page will give you the ability to interact with users who are interested in your product but do not follow your main company page.
Speak to Your Audience on LinkedIn Live
When you really want to gain the attention of your target market, LinkedIn Live is the perfect option. Live broadcasts get 24 times more engagement than text-based content on LinkedIn.
If you want your broadcast to run smoothly and generate positive results, consider following these tips:
- Create a Script: Know what you are going to say before you go live. Don’t just wing it.
- Use a Good Camera: Users are unlikely to watch blurry broadcasts.
- Be Knowledgeable: Provide your viewers with lots of useful information.
- Speak Clearly: If your audience can’t hear what you are saying, they will leave your live broadcast.
Before you go live on LinkedIn, don’t forget to promote the event on your other social media channels – like Instagram and Facebook.
Need a Little Help? Contact the Experts at FZA Digital
Marketing on LinkedIn can be an effective way to expand and grow your business. However, it isn’t always easy. If you need a little help along the way, you can always turn to the knowledgeable team here at FZA Digital. We know what it takes to succeed in the world of social media marketing.
To speak with one of our friendly representatives, all you need to do is fill out our short contact form or give us a call at (424) 229-2923.