5 Ways to Improve Your Facebook Video Marketing
On average, Facebook video posts receive around 61.3 percent more user interactions than image posts. That increase in engagement alone can lead to a surge in sales.
If your Facebook video marketing campaigns aren’t quite meeting expectations, here are five things you can do to boost your performance.
1. Keep It Short
Users don’t usually come to Facebook to watch long-form video content. If they want to see a 30-minute long video, they are much more likely to turn to YouTube or even Netflix.
For this reason, if you want to generate leads and interactions with Facebook videos, it’s typically best to keep things short. We recommend limiting your videos to five minutes in length.
Facebook users are often hesitant to click on video content that exceeds this length, and those that do hit play are likely to leave before the end of the clip.
2. Use an Eye-Catching Thumbnail
Facebook users generally scroll through their feeds quickly. If you’d like them to stop to watch your video, make sure you use an eye-catching thumbnail.
The following tips will help you create enticing thumbnails:
- Use Vibrant Colors: Thumbnails featuring bright shades of yellow, green, and blue are among the most eye-catching.
- Add Text: Your text should explain the topic of the video in three or four words.
- Add a Relevant Image: Thumbnails featuring high-quality, relevant images tend to receive more clicks.
- Be Consistent: By ensuring all your thumbnails look the same, you can begin to build a brand around your videos.
3. Add Captions to Your Videos
Around 85 percent of Facebook videos are watched without sound. To make sure your messages reach as many users as possible, include captions in your videos.
To add captions to your Facebook videos, follow these steps:
- Click the “Photo/Video” button at the top of your timeline.
- Choose a video and hit “Post”.
- When the video is ready to view, click the “…” button.
- Select “Edit Video.”
- Go to “Upload SRT Files” and click “Choose File.”
- Select a .srt file from your computer and hit “Save.”
Adding captions to your videos won’t just help you maximize your reach, it will also accommodate the hearing impaired and shows your business cares about their needs.
4. Craft a Descriptive Title
If you want to entice Facebook users to click on your videos, avoid using vague, generic, or confusing titles, such as:
- Our Latest Video
- Check Out This Car
- Some of Our Favorite Things
You will generate far more plays and engagement by using clear, descriptive video titles, like:
- 2022 Toyota Tundra Interior Tour
- X Tools You Should Have in Your Car
- What to Know Before Buying an ATV
- [VEHICLE 1] vs. [VEHICLE 2]
- X Signs It’s Time for a New Car Battery
Users are much more likely to click on your Facebook videos if they know what to expect once they hit play.
Descriptive titles can also help you expand your audience by making your videos more easily searchable.
5. Monitor Your Metrics
Guides like this one can provide you with a range of ideas for boosting the performance of your Facebook video marketing campaigns. However, the best way to figure out how to improve your results is by monitoring your analytics and listening to your audience.
- Overall view count
- Clickthrough rate
- Conversion rate
- Average completion rate
- Average watch time
- Engagement rate
These metrics can provide you with clues that will help you edit and tailor Facebook videos to your audience.
For example, if your metrics show lots of people are clicking on your clips, but only 30 percent are watching until the end, you can start reducing the average length of your videos. Similarly, if your completion rate is high but your engagement rate is low, you can consider asking more questions that will encourage users to leave comments.
Need Facebook Video Marketing Help? Contact FZA Digital Today!
Does your organization need help with its next Facebook video marketing campaign? If so, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the experts at FZA Digital! We have been helping companies drive sales online for years, and we would love to do the same for you!
To learn more about our social media marketing services, all you need to do is fill in our online contact form or give us a call at (424) 232-0810. We look forward to hearing from you!